EU-MED Innovation Week 2019
THE 5TOI_4EWAS PROJECT DESCRIPTIONThe 5TOI_4EWAS project backs a very inclusive innovation policy implementation path as well as the Horizon 2020 objectives for encouraging the research and innovation cooperation between the Union and Southern Mediterranean Neighbourhood (Topic: INT-02-2015). 5TOI_4EWAS proposes a radically new way to generate innovation in the South Mediterranean Neighbourhood, based on the innovation ecosystem created by the Research 2 Innovation projects funded within the 7FP. Under the Quintuple helix model, involving the widest possible range of stakeholders, the project will focus on three key challenges - Food, Energy and Water through the Nexus approach - as these issues are obviously at the top of the Research and Innovation agenda in MPC countries.The project will enhance and support regional smart specialization and development by increasing research capacity, effective mobility of young innovators/researchers and shared knowledge to improve their participation in the EU research area. It will contribute to the establishment of favourable and stable conditions for international cooperation and the set-up of a Common Knowledge and Innovation Space of specialization in the SMN for a real socio-economic impact, based on co-ownership and mutual benefits.http://www.5toi.eu/
THE EU-MED INNOVATION WEEK2019 ON WATER, ENERGY, FOOD RETURNS AGAIN THIS YEAR FROM FEBRUARY 11TH -14TH IN TUNISIAThe 3 day event has become an exceptional networking platform for exchanging ideas, define policies, finding new solutions and business opportunities in the interrelated fields of food, water, energy NEXUS. The third 5TOI_4EWAS Innovation week in Tunisia gathers the most relevant experts to examine strategies for a smarter and more sustainable Euro-mediterranean development for the years to come!Be part of this NEXUS community in 2019 and take part in the challenging debates to mark this edition as well as to strengthen this euro-med arena for policy makers, public authorities, researchers, practitioners, investors, industrialists and civil society representatives working towards NEXUS future challenges and opportunities!The lineup for this edition is the following:Day 1 An eye-opening training session on H2020 new work programme 2018 – 2020. We kick off the first day of the innovation week presenting:
- the new work programme 2018 – 2020;
- the corresponding call for proposals with the focus on the three foci of food, water and energy;
- the benefits of participation for researchers and innovators from MENA Countries;
- how to find suitable partners
- a full insight into proposal development and/or project management
- the main concerns for H2020 coordinators providing them with useful tips and tools.
- Last but not least, the H2020 Financial issues with all explanations and practical examples
- One session showcasing the most representative papers of the WEF subcommittees, followed by 5TOI_4EWAS Join Action Plan presentation and validation
- simultaneous master classes addressing different topics that include i) Intellectual Property (RSS); ii) Horizon Europe; iii) COST actions; iv) FAB-LABS; v) The NEXUS approach; vi) Venture capital incubators and examples of success stories
- The final conference will see the participation of the most important stakeholder of the EU-MED research and innovation cooperation in the NEXUS sector.
- The showcase will give voice to Start-ups operating in the fields of water, energy & food exposing their innovative projects and products
- B2B matchmaking activities to create collaboration opportunities between Experts and stakeholders/institutions/ONG/Consultants/Public Bodies.
Who can attend ?
From the fields of water, energy and food:· Representatives from engineering faculties,· Researchers,· Organizations,· Entrepreneurs,· SMEs,· Policy makers· stakeholders· Professionals,· Industrialists and ecosystem partners,· Investors, and Experts and consultants.